Thursday, July 3, 2008

21 Hours Later

I saw him on Oprah and was inspired, read his book, and renewed. It has been almost 22 hours since I picked up this little book and I just finished it. Have you ever felt for a minute that you just needed to rest, that you hated to wash those dished with crusted PB & J on it, felt like you needed just one more pair of shoes or a new handbag? That is me, and now I feel so guilty to have those feelings rather than embracing every single minute in my speck of life that the Lord has given me. This little book is so powerful and will allow you accept and love the brick walls in your life as well as those graces of God that seem to just come to you. It will manifest the love you have for your experiences and humankind.

Such a simple but powerful read that only took hours for me with in between a bedtime story,
PB & J sanwiches, a backyard picnic with my 6 year old, and painted toe-nails. Pick it up... it is on-sale and everyone is embracing the Last Lecture.



4 comments:

MamaMia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Beautiful pictures. I really like the one of you that your daughter took.

I have yet to get this book, but it is on my list. Very moving lecture and interview with Diane Sawyer.

Shanan Strange said...

Read this and it is the most powerful book I have ever read. I've got my 14 year old reading it now.

natalie said...

I haven't read the book, but sobbed when I heard the interview on Oprah.

Matt Dorroh said...

This guy is such an inspiration and this book is definitely on my want to read list!