Saturday, March 15, 2008

If Only Kids Could Stay Young


It is a mommy's dream for her toddler son to someday be a strong man, but when that transformation begins to occur, it can be difficult to let go. I can often see in a mother's eyes the desire to snuggle for just a few years longer, take pictures of tiny toes for a few more photos, and play Tonka trucks just a few more times. But.... then what seems to be a blink of the eye, time has passed us by. We want to let go, and we shall allow him and encourage him to pursue his dreams, but he will always be our baby boy.

1 comment:

Two2Sew4 said...

So true, I wish my girls were still little but as we know we can't protect them from the harsh environment that surrounds them. We can only give them advise that we hope someday they listen to and have them go on their way. I too wish my girls could stay young!!

Barbara